Sunday, October 08, 2006

reflections

reflections
About 3 months ago, Marge and I decided we no longer needed
two cars. We gave our daughter Marge's Chrysler town car.
The major change in our lives, I am now going to church regularly so I can drive instead of Marge going alone as she has for several years. I won't say I am suddenly converted back to religion, but I did decide to be active. I'm now an usher!
Anyway, today, Oct. 8, 2006, was "the blessings of the animals". Dogs and cats all over the place, really quite a bit of fun. The pictures are from this event.
Incidentally, the town car replaced my Daughter's small truck with about 180,000 milea on it!

3 comments:

Le Rouet said...

here also there s a mass for the animals once a year in Marseile
what do you mean an usher? you are the person who tells people where to sit? or you are the person who helps the people who have forgotten their texts?

RHD said...

An usher at our church helps seat people, picks up the collection, {money}, helps keep the line moving for Communion. Pretty simple tasks!
bobD

Le Rouet said...

ah yes so it is an usher like in a marriage (though it doesn't exist in france, I used to watch US series(like Friends!) that's why i know the word)
I ask you a question by mail