Thursday, November 06, 2008

The second day after our election. I reflect on the profound change in my lifetime.
Of course our election was about race as well as all the other problems.
At 85, I remember the attitude of my parents and their friends. If you had any job at all,
you probably had a black livein maid [the 30s]. You were prejudisced, but didn't know it.
The South still had Jim C row laws until the late 60s. White sheets still appeared at night
in the South.
I believe the beginning of the channge in prejudice came in WW II.
So now what. I am a conservative republican and voted for McCain.
I am somewhat disappointed in our election.
However, I am not scared of the future.
Our great country will probably shift somewhat to the left.
But it will survive, and prosper.
I believe Obama is highly intelligent, and will be a good, maybe great, president,
and I wish him well.
I will probably not live long enough to see all the changes that will take place.
We will probably elect a Republican president again in about 12-16 years.
President [elect] Obama, I wish you well
Robert H. Dodd

1 comment:

Le Rouet said...

yes it's true that you must have witness so many changes in your lifetime! i wish all the best to your country and i must say this country has not finished surprising me!