Monday, July 20, 2009

Today, july 20, is the 40th anniversary of the moon landing.
The picture is of the boat we took from Detroit to Riviera beach,
Fl. to start our new life. This day, we were in the Erie barge canal,
about 1/2 way to it's end. Radio communication was still
dicey, and we had no up-to-date news. We were docked at a marina
in the canal, I don't, remember what town. Bobby, my son. now 53, was at a rec center. When he came back to the boat, he informed us That we had landed on the moon. What a memory!. In my lifetime, the advances are beyond
belief! Anyway, we got to Florida and started the last great
part of our life here in Florida. Of course this revolved
around Merrill Lynch, sailing, bridge, and so on.
Now we live a very quiet life, but it is very satisfying.
RHD

2 comments:

Le Rouet said...

Hi Bob! I remember this day too, I was 8, and at school they made us watch the landing on tv, although it must not have been "live" because the landing took place in the middle of the night (french time) so I think it must have been the day after
ho, by the way, did I tell you that I have a turtle (or turtoise I don't remember the word)? she's a baby she's 8 month!

pineyflatwoodsgirl said...

Dad, I think you have the wrong photo up. That is the L boat not the Bounty.