Tuesday, January 19, 2010

My thoughts on religion:
I was raised inthe Episcopalion religion. I was an accolyte at about 11 or 12 years of age.I carried the cross with the choir. I went to an Episocpal camp for 3 summers' I was confirmed at age 13. Then why am I now an agnostic? I believed in an all powerful and benevolent God.
I began to doubt when I realized how terrible the holocaust was. How could a benevolent, and all powerful God allow this. Then I began to have other doubts. The bible seems to portray our history as one of a few thousand years. But science shows us a history of unimaginable duration. The mumber of Stars, and Planets is beyond count. How could one God supervise this vast kingdom.
If all relogions on our earth believe their right, then all the rest must be wrong.
But the vast numbers are the hardest for me to equate to "our faith" As I write this, another tragrdy involving completely innocent children among others,is happening in Haiti. Why would God as we portray him allow this?
One more thought that somehow belongs in this treatis. We believe our country to be peace loving. But almost all of my 86 years, we've been involved in one kind or aother WAR,
But yes, there has to be a start somehow, I just don't believe we have it right!!

No comments: