Saturday, May 15, 2010

The years go by!

When we moved to Fl. and I went to work for Merrill, I got entranced with the idea of the computer. I bought my first about 1973. DOS was about all there was!
I put my accounts and prospects on it in files, and began to shower my sec. with labels and ideas on paper! They were my entry to the computer world. I'm now on about my 11th computer, and I just bought an I-pad! What a machine!
I bought it more or less just for reading books, and for this it is fabulous. I can't read small print any more and this is just right.Finding and downloading books is a cup of tea. But I'm finding the machine will do much more. It is rigged for wi fi, and any place with wi-fi, and there are lots of them, the machine becomes a small computer. It is easy to use, but I have to learn all it's features. What a kick for an old man! It's a new life!
More later as I learn it's ins and outs!
RHD

2 comments:

Le Rouet said...

Hi Bob, i had no idea what an ipad was! i had heard about ipod but not ipad, but i see what it is, it's this kind of computer, which is only a screen and where you can read books! must be fantastic!
i'm younger than you but when i began working there were no computers here (at least in france) i learned to type with an old olivetti typing machine who belonged to my mother, the spaces were so large between the letters that sometimes my finger would dive and get trapped between two letters!!!
i hope everything is going fine and marge is ok
corinne

RH Dodd said...

Hi, it's hard to answer your welcome comment, I don't speak or write French,so I can't really see your way of life. also,my typing is slow! But I really appreciate your comments. Please keep it up!
Bob D