Thursday, March 02, 2006

a look at mortality

I often post to a site that has forums relating to WW II air war fare. I am active in the one devoted to Heavy bombers, I flew the B-24, a heavy bomber in WW II. Yesterday, a thread
was re-activated by a new question to an old thread. I had posted an answer 2 years ago, when I was 80! I surprised myself as I realized how clear, concise, and accurate my answer was then.
If I had answered it yesterday, the answer would have been vaque, and hard to understand.
I am afraid this made me aware of my mortality!
RHD

4 comments:

Le Rouet said...

yes we all have our own points of reference, personnally what makes me think of my mortality is that twenty years ago i could dance and drink through the night and now if i do this well the next day i will wake up with a headache and a tendinitis in my legs!!!!
and also for example, it's beginning to be very very difficult to hold my daughters in my arms because i'm only 47 kg (i think it must be 105pds) and they are 20 KG. My back cant stand this kind of weights anymore!

pineyflatwoodsgirl said...

Oh Dad, I hope everything is alright. Please let me know if you need me to do anything for you. I'll be there in a flash!
daughter

Le Rouet said...

i hope everything is alright too

RHD said...

le rouet. If you have not already been there, I suggest you visit my daughter's blog. Pinewoodsgirl
Today she has added a paragraph on her brother, my son.
regards,
RHD