Saturday, December 08, 2007

Yesterday was a red letter day, we accepted an offer on our condominium! Of course more things have to happen before we move, but at least it has all started now. I would like to move by Xmas, but that may be impossible. It looms as a daunting task for an 84 year old man and his
beloved wife who has alzheimers! But with my daughter's help, I believe we will accomplish it by
about Jan. 14 or so. More details as they unfold. We are going toTallahassee,Fl. to the retirement village, Westminster.
RHD

4 comments:

Peggy said...

Congratulations!!! I look forward to seeing you again after you make the Big Move to Tallahassee!

Peggy

Anonymous said...

I stumbled upon your blog a few minutes ago. Congratulations on having your condo under contract. Funny coincidence. We lived west of Lake Worth from 1986 until this August, when we moved north, to Wakulla County, just 25 miles south of Tallahassee. There are only about 29,000 people here; 240,000 where you are going. It is a nice change from PB County! I hope you both enjoy it as much as we do.

RHD said...

Thanks to both of you, Peggy, we'll see you soon I hope. Judy, we've lived in Palm Beach county since 1969
RHD

Anonymous said...

Dear RHD, My dad Harold and my mom Laura were good friends of yours there at Old Port Cove. As you know my mom died a few years ago. And I do not get to see my dad who still lives there. So I have enjoyed reading your recollections and seeing your pictures and thus vicariously visting or at least getting the flavor of the goings on there at Old Port Cove. This is to sincerely thank you for the memories. My wife Martha and I and Harold's grandson Diego are all praying for your well being as you move on to your next adventure. Thanks again most sincerely, Steve DeOrlow San Diego California 2/5/08